To Boldly Pew Pew Pew!!!


Star Trek Online screenshot
Originally uploaded by lower72

Been playing Star Trek Online for a few days now. And even though it clearly needs debugging and balancing, I enjoy it immensely.

The more time spend on MMORPGs, the more you understand the intricatcies of game play. And I certainly plan on spending time on this one. Not splurging whole days on end, mind you; just the occcasionnal late night or lazy week-end afternoon. Which is perfect, really : Star Trek was a show best watched on late nights and relaxing Sundays.

I fondly remember sitting in the living room with my father and listening to McCoy's ranting, Kirk's boasting, Scotty's nay-saying and Spock's quantifying. It seemed the perfect show for nothing-to-do moments.

Now, STO could be the perfect game for those exact moments.

I'll keep playing. For how long? Who knows. Perhaps until it gets fixed...Or perhaps until The Old Republic comes out.

Until then, I'm sticking with my Phasers on stun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Year's Best Top Ten Game List Countdown of DOOM

Too Much Info

Heroes and Villains: Who Would Rather Win