Coop Vs. Multi-Joueurs...and something about the Hulk?


The folks from the 1UP Show (now part of a group called Area5) are back for keeps now, thanks to Revision3 Internet Television and various other sponsors. The weekly program, COOP, features the same brand of humor and the same level of relevance as the old one, and the conversations remain fresh and eye-opening.

A couple of friends and I have a radio show called Multi-Joueurs, which kind of feels very symmetric to what COOP is : a show by friends who have everyday conversations about games and the industry in general.

I do not believe we own the same degree of insightfullness as the guys from Area5, but this would be normal since we do not have the same level of entry within the game industry. We work FOR this industry, while they work at REPORTING about it. Hence, their field of vision is much wider, and their minds opened to the woes and wows of all developpers, all game genres and news. I try to keep in touch with this technology-savvy world, but I find it harder each day to balance working for the industry and knowing the industry.

Knowledge is something I respect tremensly, and it is a point of pride. I do enjoy sharing what I know, and I do bask in the feeling of superiority it gives me. Like a fire only I can give others access to, knowledge is a domain I carefully guard but I frivolously spread whilst saying "Look at me! I know stuff!" Unfortunately for me, and to the benefit of all others, I have slowly begun to neglect my crusade for constant enlightenment. Rarely now do I scour the wastes of the vast network of tubage of the Information Super Highway, or wade through the endless volumes of data contained in the Great Libraries of the Wikis and Blogs.

Am I getting too old for this? Am I not relevant anymore? Or am I just in the wrong line of work? Where is my place of relevance in this industry? Should I be satisfied with a technical job, or would I be better off elsewhere? Maybe as an industry insider, like the Perez Hilton of Gaming...

A set of questions that can only be answered with time, of course, and for which a cheat-sheet does not exist.

In the meantime, I'll continue writting and doing the radio show with my friends, and will let COOP irradiate their knowledge onto me. Like Gamma rays, they shall reveal the beast within so I can someday make it big.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Year's Best Top Ten Game List Countdown of DOOM

Too Much Info

Heroes and Villains: Who Would Rather Win